Friday, August 28, 2009

Daycare bag with matching wallet

After seeing the clearly awesome fabric that my friend Soo used for her iPod holder (in the previous post) another friend at work asked me to make her 2 year old daughter a daycare bag which would hold her nap blanket, pillow, change of clothes, and other items for school each day.

And of course I said YES!!!

So...this bag is awesome. It's very large (about 19" wide x 17 1/2" tall) and super sturdy (I lined it with fusible fleece). I also added three very large pockets to the inside for any little "goodies" she may need to take with her.

I need one for myslef.

Bad.







She also had me make her daughter a matching wallet. At 2 years old she is in the stage where she keeps "borrowing" mommy's wallet....so mommy thought it was time for her to have one of her own and now she has her very own HANDMADE one-of-a-kind wallet!






I have to admit, I fell in love with both of them and had a real hard time parting with the pair. This sewing stuff is hard on the emotions!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails