Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels


This summer the girls and I did lots of fun stuff in the kitchen, but BY FAR the most fun we had was covering all kinds of stuff with chocolate.

I mean really....is there anything better than random stuff covered in thick delicious chocolate?

Nope, I don't think so either.


When strawberries were at their peak we would do a couple sheets of them...then mow through them that same day! Another fan favorite was pretzels (some with colored sprinkles, some without) as well as bananas. Oh man...bananas were sooooo good.


We played around with different chocolates (I bought the wafers from the craft store, a huge block in a tray from Target, and your run of the mill morsels at the grocery store) and I found that the morsels were my favorite to use. I also played with different melting techniques and found that doing it in small batches in a glass container in the microwave worked best for me. Just don't heat them too long or you make burnt chocolate with a fudgey consistency (and I may or may not have still eaten it on top of some bananas. Don't judge. It was good.)


I can't wait to do this next year with fresh strawberries straight from my garden. Till then....there's always marshmallows, pretzels, and bananas.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails